MACK MADNESS GRANT
In memory of McKenzie Schneider, York Area Down Syndrome Association has started a family grant program. Family grants can be used to provide assistance for anything that directly improves the quality of life of individuals with Down syndrome. York Area Down Syndrome Association will award funds directly from donations given from Mack Madness in honor of McKenzie Schneider. Grants of up to $500 per family will be offered for:
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- All therapies for example PT, OT and Speech, not covered by insurance or family driven money
- Family members to attend conferences, seminars or training sessions that address issues pertinent to Down syndrome
- Grants will be available with a maximum of $500 per family per 12 months. We encourage all families to apply but we ask you use allotted family driven funds prior to applying for a grant.
- Total amount awarded annually will be based on availability of funds donated from Mack Madness.
- Family grants will be available to all York Area Down Syndrome Association members
- equally with no basis on financial status, race or creed.
- Complete the following form and mail to YADSA, P.O. Box 7153, York PA 17404.
- Direct all questions to email@example.com or call Mindy Miller at 717-575-3367.
- Your grant application will be reviewed and funds will be distributed within 30 days. All recipients will be notified by e-mail or mail.
- A check will be mailed to the family made payable to the provider. YADSA will need a receipt from the provider for tax records.
- Families are requested to contribute 5 hours of volunteer time to YADSA.